Alpaca CakeApprox. 25 minutes baking without decoratingpracticed
What you need: Spring-form baking tin Ø 18 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the sponge dough
- 60 g sugar
- 60 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Decocino vanilla extract
For the filling
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 250 g quark
- 75 g sugar
- 25 g chocolate curls
- 1 small tin pineapple chunks
- Approx. 100 g chocolate with cocoa filling
- 4 leaves gelantine
For the ganache
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 400 g plain chocolate
- Decocino baking spray
- Decocino Décor marzipan, light blue, red
- Decocino confetti wafers
- Decocino alpaca sugar sprinkles
- Decocino edible glue
- Stir the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar all together for 30 minutes! Sift the flour, mix in the baking powder and fold into the egg mixture. Spray the baking tin with baking spray, spoon in the dough, and bake in an oven preheated to 175°C with air circulation for about 25 minutes. Leave to cool and divide twice horizontally.
- To make the filling, beat the whipping cream until stiff. Finely chop the chocolate, add the quark and mix thoroughly using your electric whisk. Drain the pineapple chunks and reserve 125 ml of the juice. Soak the gelatine according to packet instructions, heat up the juice and sugar, add and dissolve the soaked gelatine, leave to cool for a bit, add to the quark mixture and fold in using a whisk. Fold in the cream, chocolate curls and pineapple chunks.
- Put the first base in a cake tin, spoon on part of the filling, place the second filling on top, apply filling etc., finishing with the final layer. Leave the cake to cool overnight.
- To make the ganache, coarsely chop up the plain chocolate and put in a bowl. Heat up the cream and bring to the boil. Pour it hot over the chocolate pieces. Leave to stand for about 3 minutes and blend thoroughly to make a homogenous mixture. Leave to cool.
- Remove the cake ring, glaze the cake with ganache and cover with Decor marzipan. Decorate with marzipan and wafer confetti. Stick on the alpacas using edible glue.