Butterfly minisApprox. 1.5 hours including decorationeasy
What you need: 26 cm Diameter springform cake tin, round cookie cutter approx. 7-8 cm in diameter
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
- 125 g soft butter
- 125 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon Decocino Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 drops of lemon oil
- 3 eggs
- 200 g wheat flour
- 2 level teaspoons of baking powder
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Decocino Non-stick Baking Spray
- 120 g soft butter
- 200 g sieved icing sugar
- 200 g cream cheese
- Flavouring to taste, e.g. vanilla
- Decocino red Food Colouring Paste
- Decocino Edible Butterflies
- Thoroughly stir the butter on the highest setting. Gradually fold in sugar, Decocino Vanilla Extract, salt and oil until there is an evently mixed paste, then stir in the eggs one by one. Finally, add the baking powder mixed with flour and the milk in turns.
- Divide the cake mix into four equal-sized portions. Sprinkle the portions of cake mix with a splash of Decocino red Food Colouring Paste, making sure to use differing amounts so that various shades of colour are produced. Mix well. Pour each coloured cake batter individually into a baking tin pre-sprayed with Decocino Non-stick Baking Spray with a diameter of 26 cm. Smooth out the cake mix and bake the layers one by one in a pre-heated oven at 180 °C upper/lower heat for around 20 minutes, before allowing the layers to cool down.
- Cut circles out of the finished layer using the cookie cutter.
- Whip the butter thoroughly for the topping and mix in the sieved icing sugar and fold in the flavouring. Beat the mix for around 10 minutes until it takes on a creamy consistency. Briefly fold in the cream cheese with a whisk.
- Place four different-coloured layers on top of each other and cover each of the layers with a thin layer of topping.
- Finally, squirt the topping onto the cakes as decoration and place the Decocino Edible Butterflies on top of each mini-cake together with a dollop of cream.