Candy CakeApprox. 80 min. Preparation and decorating time + 30 min. chillingpracticed
What you need: One or more springform tins, Ø 20 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 200 g soft butter
- 160 g sugar
- 1 tbsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 400 g flour
- 1 packet baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 ml milk
- Decocino food colouring pastes in
red, yellow, purple, green, and blue
For the filling
- Decocino buttercream
- 300 g soft sweetcream butter
For the decoration
- Decocino sprinkle Party Mix
- Assortment of Hitschler products
- Blend the butter with the sugar and vanilla extract. Fold in the eggs one at time. Mix the baking powder and salt and add them to the batter in alternation with the milk, stir all ingredients together well.
- Divide the batter between 6 small bowls. Sprinkle a few drops of food colouring in each bowl blend with the batter to make it evenly coloured.
- Thoroughly grease the tin (Ø 20 cm). Preheat the oven to 180° C (160° if using a fan oven). Spoon the first coloured batter (ideally start with the most brightly coloured one) into the tin and smooth it down. (To help loosen the thin cake from the bottom of the tin when cool, you can cut out a round sheet of baking paper and fit it in the tin. You can then simply pull this off the cake).
- Bake the cake base in a preheated oven for approx. 15 - 20 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool, then remove from the tin. Repeat this process for every other cake base.
- Once all the cake layers have completely cooled, you can make the filling. Start by preparing the buttercream according to packet instructions.
- Lay the first cake base (yellow) on a cake plate. Spoon about 2 – 3 tbsp. buttercream on top and spread it out smoothly. Put the next cake layer (red) on top. Continue this process until all cake bases are used up.
- Leave the cake to chill in the fridge for about half an hour, then glaze the outside with the remaining cream.
- Finish by sprinkling the cake with the Party Mix sugar sprinkles to suit your preferences and decorate with the Hitschler sweets.
- Leave to chill until ready to serve.