Celebration cakeAbout 60 minutes baking time + 60 minutes decorating timeadvanced
What you need: angular baking frame in three sizes
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
- 150 g flour
- 100 g ground nuts
- 125 g margarine
- 2 tbsp. sugar
For the gingerbread
- 250 ml milk
- 150 g melted butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 eggs
- 350 g flour
- 300 g sugar
- 100 g ground hazelnuts
- 1 packet gingerbread spices
- 1 tbsp. clove powder
- 1 tsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 1 packet baking powder
For the filling
- 2 pomegranates
- 300 g whipped cream
- 6 gelatine leaves
- 400 g soured cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. grenadine
- 4 tbsp. currant jelly
For the ganache
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 400 g plain chocolate
- Decocino baking spray
- Decocino fondant vanilla, chocolate, gold
- Decocino sugar decorations, Christmas und gingerbread
- Decocino Christmas sugar sprinkles
- Decocino edible glue
Pomegranate cake (recipe for the lower tier, 24 x 24 cm)
- For the ganache, coarsely break the plain chocolate and put it in a bowl. Heat up the cream and bring it to the boil, pour it hot over the chocolate pieces. Leave to stand for about 3 minutes and stir thoroughly to make a homogenous mixture. Leave to cool.
- For the carrot dough, knead the ingredients to form dough, spray a square baking tray (24 cm) with baking spray, spread the dough out evenly, pierce it several times with a fork and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C (upper or lower heat) for about 30 minutes.
- To make the gingerbread cake, briefly beat the milk, butter, honey and eggs. Mix the dry ingredients, gradually add to the butter and egg mixture and fold in well. Place a square baking frame on a baking tray sprayed with baking spray, spoon in the dough and bake for about 30 minutes at 180°C, test for doneness with a skewer. After it has cooled, make two complete horizontal cuts through the cake.
- To make the filling, cut the pomegranates in half and remove the pips. Blend together the soured cream, vanilla extract and grenadine. Prepare the gelatine according to packet instructions. Add 2 tbsp. of the soured cream mixture to the dissolved gelatine and stir. Then add the gelatine to the remaining soured cream mixture and stir well. Fold in the cream and pomegranate pips.
- Glace the carrot dough with the currant jelly. Put a cake ring or baking frame around the base and lay the first gingerbread base on top. Spread on half the filling and then lay down the second cake base. Spread the second half of the filling on top and finish with the third base. Leave to cool in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, smoothly spread the ganache over the top of the cake and cover it with fondant coloured however you like. Finally, decorate with Christmas and gingerbread-themed sugar sprinkles to suit your preferences.