Christmas Cake2.5 hours including decorationpracticed
What you need: a round cutter of 15cm diameter
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
- 250ml milk
- 150g melted butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 eggs
- 350g flour
- 300g sugar
- 100g chopped nuts
- 1 sachet of lebkuchen spice
- 1 tsp. clove powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 1 sachet of baking powder
- 200ml whipping cream
- 400g dark chocolate
Filling (cinnamon buttercream)
- 450ml milk
- 1 sachet of vanilla pudding powder for cooking
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 250g butter at room temperature
- 1 tsbp. cinnamon
- Decocino Non-Stick Baking Spray
- Decocino White, Red and Chocolate Sugar Paste
- Decocino Gum Paste
- Decocino Green DecoChoc
- Decocino Gingerbread Sugar Decoration
- Decocino Edible Glue
- Decocino White Writing Icing
- Decocino Black and Orange Edible Food Markers
- Buttercream suitable for fondant, to taste
- For the ganache, roughly chop the dark chocolate and place into a bowl.
- Bring the cream to the boil and pour it hot over the pieces of chocolate.
- Leave the cream to stand for roughly 3 minutes and beat well, to produce a smooth mixture. Leave to cool for 4-6 hours.
- Briefly beat the milk with the melted butter, the honey and the eggs to give an even mixture.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and gradually beat into the milk-butter-egg mixture.
- Pour the batter onto a baking tray that has been sprayed with Decocino Non-Stick Baking Spray and bake the cake at 180°C for roughly 20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean!).
- Leave the cake to cool.
Preparation of Filling
- Cook the pudding according to the packet instructions, with the milk and sugar.
- Leave the pudding to cool, stirring occasionally to prevent a skin from forming.
- Add butter and cinnamon in a bowl and cream until foamy.
- Gradually add the cooled pudding and beat in.
- Cut circles out of the cooked and cooled tray bake with the round cutters.
- Spread each of the cake circles with a layer of cinnamon buttercream (thickness to taste) and place the cake for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Spread a flat layer of ganache on the cake and leave to cool until the ganache has set.
- Cover the top of the cake with Decocino Chocolate Sugar Paste and the side of the cake with Decocino red and white Sugar Paste.
- Shape a cup handle with Decocino Gum Paste and fasten to the cake with toothpicks.
- Glue the Decocino Gingerbread Sugar Decorations and your DecoChoc Deko-Details with Decocino Edible Glue onto your cake and decorate your cake with Writing Icings.
- Paint snowman faces on the marshmallows and place these on the top of the cakes.
- Fashion a sugar rod out of red and white Decocino Sugar Paste and glue this onto the cake too.
- If you like, you can also add a dab of buttercream.