Cream Puffs with Plumsapprox. 20-25 min. baking + 10 min. filling and decorationpracticed
What you need: saucepan, piping tube set
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the choux pastry
- 250 g water
- 80 g butter
- 150 g flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 30 g corn-starch
- 4 eggs
For the filling
- 1 jar of plums
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 packet custard powder
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- Decocino VanillaFIX
For the decoration
- Decocino Gold Stars
- To make the choux pastry, heat the water in the saucepan with the butter and bring to the boil.
- Blend the flour, salt and corn-starch and tip into the butter and water mixture in one go. Use a wooden spoon to knead it all into a smooth dough until a white layer forms on the bottom of the pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs. Use a hand blender with a dough hook to work the mixture into a uniform dough. Take a tip: Whisk the mixture briefly to remove even the smallest lumps of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C with the top and bottom setting selected.
- Spoon the dough into a piping bag with a hole or start-shaped nozzle and pipe it onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. The dough will make about 10 large puffs.
- Bake the cream puffs in the oven for about 25 minutes (allow just 20 minutes for smaller ones). Caution: Always leave the oven door closed during baking! If the door is opened, these delicate little morsels will quickly collapse in on themselves.
- Drain the plums and reserve the juice. Put the juice in a pan with the sugar, cinnamon and custard powder and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Add the plums and bring back to the boil briefly. Divide the mixture between the puffs and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, beat the chilled VanillaFIX until it is creamy. Spoon it into a piping bag and squeeze it out to fill the cream puffs.
- Decorate the filled cream puffs with Decocino Gold Stars.