Face cakeApprox. 30 minutes preparationpracticed
What you need: Spring-form baking tin Ø 26 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the sponge cake base
- Dark sponge Ø 24 cm with 2 cm-high inner edge
For the filling
- 300 g cream cheese, double-fat
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 packet instant gelatine, milled
- 4-5 tbsp. blackberry jam
- Decocino spray-on cake glaze
- Decocino fondant white, black, pink
- Decocino food colouring paste yellow, red, black
- Decocino glue, edible
- Decocino sugar pearls, purple, white
- Opt. Decocino butterflies, edible
- Fresh blackberries
- Leftover cake, the size of a face
- A little nut-nougat cream
Baking without Baking
- Hand-whisk the cream cheese and liquid whipping cream to form an even mixture.
- Pass the jam through a sieve, fold into the cream cheese mixture, add the instant gelatine, stir everything together thoroughly and spread onto the cake base. Enough for ¾ of the capacity!!
- Once the mixture has become jellied, you can begin decorating.
- Colour the white fondant brown, roll out and cut out a face with a neck. Coat the leftover cake with nut-nougat cream, put on the face, cut off the edges of excess cake.
- Use the black fondant to make eyebrows, eyes with eyelashes, nose and mouth. Stick them on using edible glue. Cut out a slightly smaller mouth from the pink fondant and attach it on.
- Using edible glue, stick on the pearl sugar sprinkles to make a necklace.
- Lay the face on the cake.
- Spread fresh blackberries around the face. Spray the blackberries with Decocino cake glaze spray, making sure you cover the fondant face with baking paper beforehand!!! Add other decorations to suit your preferences.