Figs and mascarpone cakeapprox. 35 mins Cooking time: + 30 mins preparation timeeasy
What you need: baking ring diameter 22 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the sponge
- 5 eggs
- 200g sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 250g flour
- 1 small packet of baking powder
For the decoration
- Decocino black marzipan
- Decocino silver metallic glaze
- Decocino red food colouring paste
- Fruits, e.g. figs, physalis, raspberries, blueberries
For the filling
- 500g mascarpone
- 500g yoghurt
- 80g sugar
- 1 tsp tonka paste
- 1 packet instant gelatin
- 200g cream
- 2 ripe figs
- Stir the eggs, sugar and water until frothy, until the mixture has a white, foamy consistency.
- Sift the flour and baking powder in a bowl and add to the batter. Put into a 22-cm baking ring lined with baking parchment and bake at 160°C for approx. 35 mins.
- Let the biscuit base cool and cut into 4 equal bases. Put the lower base back into the baking ring.
- For the mascarpone cream, mix the mascarpone with yoghurt, Decocino Tonka flavouring paste and sugar.
- Whisk the cream together with the instant gelatin and carefully fold it into the yoghurt mixture.
- Wash the figs, remove the stem and cut into small cubes, stir gently into the filling.
- Alternate the filling with the biscuit bases. Leave some of the filling for spreading on the cake. Keep the cake cool for at least 4 hours.
- Then carefully cut it out of the ring and coat it with the remaining cream. Chill again for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, roll out the marzipan and cover the cake with it. Colour Decocino Silver Metallic Glaze with red food colouring and pour over the cake. Finally decorate with fruits of your choice.