Flower CupcakesApprox. 15 minutes baking time +15 minutes preparation time, without decorationpracticed
What you need: What you’ll need: muffin tin, muffin shapes, piping nozzles kit, cutter kit
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
(makes about 12)
- 3 eggs
- 100 g butter or margarine
- 250 g flour
- 200 g sugar
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 100 g chocolate chips
- 100 g cacao powder
For the marshmallow fluff buttercream
- 200 g soft butter
- 1 jar marshmallow fluff (200 g)
- Decocino piping nozzles kit
- Decocino cutter kit
- Food stickers
- Colouring paste
- White sugar paste for rolling
- Sugar pearls
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (top or bottom heat).
- Melt the butter on a gentle heat. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork. Add the sugar, melted butter and milk. Stir everything together well.
- In a second bowl, thoroughly mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, chocolate chips and cacao powder. Then add the dry mixture to the liquid ingredients. Combine everything well.
- Put the muffin shapes in a muffin tin. Put the dough in muffin shapes and bake for 15-20 min. Test for doneness with a skewer! Leave the muffins to cool completely before decorating.
Decorating with the piping nozzles kit
- To make the marshmallow fluff buttercream, briefly cream the butter.
- Stir in the marshmallow fluff and beat well.
- Colour the buttercream with the Decocino food colourant paste to suit your preferences.
- Pipe on the buttercream to make tuffs, or use the Russian nozzles to create beautiful flowers to go on your muffins. Use the leaf nozzle and green buttercream to add some little leaves.
Decorating with the cutter kit
- Thinly roll out the fondant on a surface sprinkled with baking starch and pass a patterned rolling pin over it to create an attractive pattern.
- Cut out muffin-sized circles.
- Place the fondant on the muffins (first coated with e.g. ganache or nut-nougat-cream).
- Use the cutters to cut out flowers and leaves, and pearls to stick on to make sepals. Secure the flowers on your muffins using food stickers.