Frankfurter KranzAbout 45 minutes baking, 60 minutes prep. easy
What you need: Frankfurter Kranz cake tin, piping bag
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 250 g soft butter
- 230 g sugar
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 medium eggs
- 230 g flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 50 ml milk
- Decocino baking spray
For the buttercream
- 1 packet Decocino instant buttercream
- 300 g soft sweet-cream butter
- 1 jar blackcurrant jam
- Hazelnut brittle
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- Whisk the butter with the sugar, scraped-out vanilla pod and salt until the mixture is creamy
- Add each egg one at a time.
- Blend the flour with the baking powder and fold into the batter in alternation with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the greased tin, spread evenly and bake on the lowest rack in the oven for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool.
For the filling
- Prepare the instant buttercream according to packet instructions. Beat with the butter for at least 10 minutes until creamy.
- Remove the cake from the tin and carefully cut it crosswise two or three times. Take half of the conserve and spread it on the surfaces of the two lower layers.
- Spread one part of the buttercream on the lowest layer.
- Put the second layer on top and press it down gently. Repeat the process, finishing with the last layer. Glaze the outside of the cake with cream. For best results, leave the cake to cool in the fridge for 15 minutes before glazing.
- Press the brittle around the edge of the cake.
- Pipe on the buttercream and decorate with the cherries.
- Leave to chill before serving.