Glitter cupcakesApprox. 40 min. including decorationeasy
What you need: Muffin tray, muffin cups
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
(Approx. 12 muffins)
- 2 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon Decocino Vanilla Extract
- 150 g flour
- ½ pack of baking powder
- 100 ml cup of orangeade
- 100 ml cup of vegetable oil
(rapeseed/canola or sunflower oil)
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 150 ml whipped cream
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g soft butter
- 80 g sieved icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking chocolate
- Decocino pink Glitter Flakes
- Roughly break the chocolate into smaller pieces.
- Add all ingredients for the cake batter into a mixing bowl and mix them together thoroughly.
- Place the muffin cupsules into the muffin tin and pour in the muffin mix.
- Bake for approx. 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180° (testing consistency with a skewer to check if it is ready!).
- Allow the muffins to cool down.
- Break up the chocolate to be used in the topping and allow it to melt in a bain-marie. Leave the melted chocolate to cool down for a few minutes and add the heated cream. Stir with a whisk until it forms a smooth mixture and leave it to cool down for approximately 30 minutes.
- Slowly stir the butter, icing sugar and chocolate for a short time. Once the ingredients have come together a little, beat the mixture until it takes on a creamy consistency.
- Gradually add in the chocolate-cream mixture while stirring constantly. Beat the buttercream vigorously for a few minutes: it will become lighter in colour and airier as time passes.
- Apply the chocolate buttercream mixture to the cakes then finish by sprinkling Decocino pink Glitter Flakes onto your muffins.