Hansen-Jensen-CakeApprox. 30 min. baking timeeasy
What you need: two baking rings with Ø 26 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the cake batter
- 100 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 125 g flour
- ½ packet baking powder
For the meringue layer
- 4 egg whites
- 150 g sugar
- 80 g flaked almonds
For the filling
- 2 small tins of mandarins (or use another type of sour fruit)
- 1 Decocino VanillaFix
For the decoration
- Mandarins to garnish
- Decocino glittering snow silver
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Make a batter from the ingredients and divide it into two parts. Spoon the batter into a baking ring or baking tin with ∅ 26 cm.
- Blend the beaten egg white with the sugar. Spread the mixture evenly onto both cake bases. Sprinkle the almond flakes on top. Bake at 180°C with upper / lower heat for about 25 minutes. The almonds should be lightly browned.
- Immediately after baking, cut one cake base into 12 pieces, the second base will remain whole. Leave to cool.
- Place a cake ring around the cake.
- Whip the chilled VanillaFix until it is creamy. Fold the drained mandarins into the cream.
- Spread the mandarin cream evenly over the base. Arrange the divided cake pieces on top.
- Decorate with fresh mandarins and Decocino glittering snow silver.