Ice cream cone cake with fruitAbout 35 min. baking + 30 min. prep. easy
What you need: Baking ring, Ø 24 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 250 g soft butter
- 230 g sugar
- • 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 1 pinch of salt
- 5 medium eggs
- 230 g flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 50 ml milk
- Decocino baking spray
For the buttercream
- 1 packet Decocino instant buttercream
- 300 g soft sweet-cream butter
- 150g fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
For the decoration
- 2 ice cream cones
- 100 g white chocolate
- Fresh fruit of your choice
- Decocino cake glaze spray
- Decocino metallic colouring powder pastel
- Edible flowers
To make the batter
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, scraped-out vanilla pods and salt until the mixture is creamy.
- Fold in the eggs one at a time.
- Blend the flour with the baking powder and fold into the butter and egg mixture a bit at a time in alternation with the milk.
- Spoon the batter into the greased tin, spread out and bake in the oven on the lowest rack for about 45 minutes. Leave to cool.
To make the filling
- Prepare the buttercream according to packet instructions. Beat it with the butter for at least 10 minutes until foamy.
- Remove the cake from the tin and carefully cut it into three or four horizontal tiers.
- Spread some of the buttercream on top of the lower cake layer, then cover with fruit. Put the second layer on top of the first and press gently. Repeat this process up until you come to the last layer. Decorate the outside of the cake with cream. For best results, leave the cream to chill for 15 minutes in advance to make it easy to spread.
- Mix some of remaining buttercream with the colouring powder and spread around the edge of the cake. Spread the remaining white buttercream around the edge as well. Spread evenly with a palette knife to create a subtle marbling effect.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl immersed in warm water. Pour half of the liquid chocolate over one half of the cake so that it trickles down the sides. Add the metallic pink and lilac colouring powder to the other half of the chocolate and pour it over the other half of the cake.
- Lay the ice cream cones on top and decorate with the fruit. To keep the fruit fresher for longer, spray with cake glaze spray. Complete the decoration with the edible flowers.