Mango and buttercream cupcakesAbout 25 min. baking + 15 min. decorating easy
What you need: muffin tin, piping tube with star-shaped nozzle, electric hand blender
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the muffin mixture
- 80 g butter
- 200 g flour
- ½ packet baking powder
- 1 tbsp. Decocino orange flavouring paste
- 3 eggs
- 140 g icing sugar
- 140 ml milk
For the topping
- 1 packet Decocino buttercream
- 300 g soft butter
- 1 mango
For the decoration
- Mango pieces
- Elderflower blossom
- Beat eggs in a bowl until foamy. Add the icing sugar and orange flavouring paste.
- Add the soft butter and thoroughly whisk everything together until there are no more flakes of butter in the mixture. Then gradually add the milk along with the sifted flour and baking powder blend in alternation.
- Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases and use a spoon to evenly spread the mixture between the tin compartments. Preheat the oven to about 180 ° C and bake the muffins on the middle rack for about 25 minutes (Select the top and bottom fan setting on your oven). Remove the muffins from the oven and leave them to cool.
- To make the topping, put to buttercream in a bowl and beat with the amount of water according to packet instructions. Leave to rise.
- Add the butter and beat for a few minutes until creamy.
- Peel the mango and use the hand blender to finely puree the flesh. Fold into the buttercream, then transfer to a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle.
- When the muffins have cooled, decorate them with star-shaped dabs of buttercream.