Mother’s Day heart cake35 min. baking + 40 min. prep.easy
What you need: heart-shaped baking ring (about 24 cm wide und 22 cm tall), unprocessed roses
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the sponge
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 1 tbsp. water
- 150 g flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 1/2 packet baking powder
- Decocino cake glaze spray
- Decocino Pink Hearts
- Unprocessed roses
For the filling
- 500 g washed strawberries (use half for decorating)
- 600 g cream
- 60 g white chocolate
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
To bake the biscuit
- Preheat the oven to 165°C, with the upper and lower fan setting selected. Line the baking ring with baking paper.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar and water until creamy. Blend the flour, ground almonds and baking paper, sift into the egg mixture and carefully fold it in.
- Transfer the batter into the tin and bake for about 35 minutes. Remove the cake from the tin and turn out onto a wire rack. Remove the baking paper and leave the cake to cool completely.
- Make a straight horizontal cut across the top third of the sponge.
- Clean the tin and put the sponge back in.
- Cut some of the strawberries into narrow pieces and lay them on the edge of the tin.
White chocolate mousse
- Whip the cream with the scraped-out vanilla pod until it is stiff.
- Gently melt the white chocolate in the microwave on a low setting, or melt in a bowl over warm water, making sure no water gets in with the chocolate.
- Fold ¼ of the whipped cream into the liquid chocolate. Then vigorously fold in the rest of the cream.
- Spread half of the chocolate mousse mixture over the sponge, making sure that the strawberries do not fall off the edge.
- Cut the remaining strawberries in half and press them into the chocolate mousse. Spread the remaining chocolate mousse over the top so that so more strawberries are visible, and the surface is smooth.
- Leave the cake to cool in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Carefully cut the cake out of the baking ring and decorate with strawberries, organic roses and Decocino Pink Hearts depending on your personal preferences. Spray the strawberries with the cake glaze spray.
- For best results, spray the cake glaze on the roses as well. This way, the spray will look like dewdrops. If you spray the glaze directly onto the surface of the cake, you will create an attractive mirror effect.