Mulled wine cakeapprox. 50-60 min. baking + 60 min. preparation timeeasy
What you need: Springform tin Ø 20 cm, cable-knit silicon mould
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 350 g sour cherries from a jar (Drained weight)
- 250 g soft butter
- 200 g sugar
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 4 eggs
- 225 g flour
- 50 g ground hazelnuts
- 20 g cacao powder
- 1 packet baking powder
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 ml mulled wine
- 50 g plain chocolate flakes
For the decoration
- 3-4 packets Decocino white fondant
- Decocino buttercream
- Decocino brown food colouring pen
- Decocino black food colouring pen
- Decocino buttercream for glazing
- Drain the cherries well.
- To make the batter, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla pulp. Fold the eggs in to the mixture one at a time. Beat the mixture again thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, blend the flour with the hazelnuts, cacao, baking powder and spices, then gradually fold in the mulled wine.
- Spoon the batter into a springform tin lined with baking paper. Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C with upper and lower heat for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Leave to cool and remove from the tin.
- Prepare the buttercream according to packet instructions.
- Glaze the cooled caked with a little buttercream.
- Roll out the fondant and lay it over the cake.
- Cut out a roughly 14 cm Ø circle of fondant and use the food colouring pens to draw a deer on top. Lay this fondant on the middle of the cake.
- To decorate the cake with a woollen theme, press the fondant into the silicon mould, take it out and attach it to the cake using a little edible glue.