Pacman cakeAbout 35 minutes baking without decoratingpracticed
What you need: square baking tray, 20 x 20 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tsp. Decocino vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp. hot water
- 125 g flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 125 g poppy seeds
For the filling
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 packets cream stabiliser
- 1 jar wild cranberries
For the ganache
- 200 ml whipped cream
- 400 g plain chocolate
- Decocino fondant, white, yellow, red
- Decocino colouring pens, 8 colours
- Decocino pearl sprinkles, black and purple
- Decocino edible glue
Recipe: Poppy seed sponge with cranberry sauce
- To make the dough, separate the eggs. Beat the egg yolk, sugar, vanilla extract and water for about 5 minutes until creamy. Mix together the flour, baking powder and poppy seeds, fold into the egg mixture. Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold in small amounts at a time. Line the base of the baking tray with baking paper, spoon in the dough, smooth it down and bake in an oven preheated to 175°C (upper or lower heat) for about 35 minutes, leave to cool and divide the dough twice horizontally.
- For the ganache, coarsely crumble the plain chocolate and put in a bowl. Heat up the cream, bring to the boil and pour hot over the plain chocolate pieces. Leave to stand for about 3 minutes and stir through well to make a homogenous mixture. Leave to cool.
- For the filling, beat the whipped cream with the cream stabiliser to form a stiff mixture; then carefully fold in the cranberries.
- Put the base on a cake plate; spread half the cranberry-cream mixture on top, put on the second layer, spread on the remaining crème, finishing with the third base.
- Glaze the cake completely with ganache. Leave in the fridge to set.
- Cover the cake with fondant and white Decor marzipan, stick on the pearls and other decorations using edible glue.