Pineapple cakeApprox. 45 min. baking time + 45 min. preparation timepracticed
What you need: Baking tray Ø 20 cm + rolling pin + modelling set
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the biscuit
- 5 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 2 tbsp. water
- 250 g flour
- ½ packet baking powder
For the filling
- 1 fresh pineapple
- ½ packet custard powder
- 20 g sugar
- 250 ml milk
- 320 g butter
- Smooth passion fruit jam
- One pineapple stem
- Decocino fondant yellow
- Decocino metallic spray gold
- Decocino metallic spray copper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C upper / lower heat and line the cake tin with baking paper.
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat them with the sugar and water to make a foamy consistency. Mix the flour with the baking powder and sieve into the egg mixture, folding it in with a whisk.
- Now spoon the dough into both spring-form tins and bake at 165°C for about 35 minutes. Then loosen from the tin and turn out onto a wire rack. Remove the baking paper and leave to cool completely. Make 2-3 lengthwise cuts through each cake base.
- With the milk, sugar and custard powder, prepare a pudding according to packet instructions; then leave to cool at room temperature. Cream the butter until it is foamy and fold it spoonful by spoonful into the custard mix.
- Cut the top off the pineapple and put the stalk aside. Cut off all of the pineapple peel and chop the pulp into small pieces.
- Next place the lowest cake layer into a clean round baking tin, brush thinly with jam, then spread the buttercream on top and scatter the pineapple pieces over the buttercream. Repeat the process with the other sponge layers.
- Leave the cake to cool overnight in the fridge.
- When it is well chilled, remove the pineapple cake from the tin and use a knife to cut it into the shape of a pineapple. Spread with buttercream.
- Roll out the fondant (quite thickly so that you can make notches in it). Cover the pineapple with the fondant and use your modelling set to make rhomboid patterns in the fondant.
- Place the pineapple stalk on the cake and spray with the Decocino metallic spray. To create a cool colourful effect, the pineapple can also be sprayed with the metallic copper spray.