PopsiclesApprox. 50 min. baking+2 hours decorating and set-aside timepracticed
What you need: loaf tin, about 10-15 ice-lolly sticks, 1-2 ice lolly trays
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
- 125 g butter
- 100 g sugar
- ½ tsp sugar
- Lemon flavouring
- 2 eggs
- 125 g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 pinch of salt
For the frosting
- 40 g butter
- 65 g cream cheese
- 75 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon fruit flavouring paste
- 1 packet Decocino metallic cake glaze in any colour of your choice
- Decocino purple, white and black pearl sugar sprinkles
- Decocino pink writing icing
- Using a handheld electric whisk on the highest setting, beat together the soft butter, sugar and lemon flavouring until the mixture is creamy. Add each egg one at a time and keep whisking between additions.
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a second bowl and sift into the butter mixture. Thoroughly stir everything together again.
- Grease a loaf tin well, spoon in the batter and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, leave it to cool in the tin for a bit. Then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Using a handheld electric whisk, beat together the soft butter and cream cheese to form a creamy consistency. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- To make the lolly cakes, cut away the hard and dark parts from the baked cake. Cut the cake into small cubes and place them in a bowl.
- Using your hands, coat the cubes in the frosting and then press them into the ice-lolly slots in the tray. Make sure that each slot is completely full. Push an ice-lolly stick into each filled slot and press down the mixture once again.
- Before decorating, put the lolly cakes in the freezer and leave them for one hour.
- Stir up the metallic cake glaze, carefully remove the lolly cakes from their slots and dip them in the glaze. Now decorate how you want.
Tip: To get a nice smooth surface, dip the lolly cakes in melted chocolate glaze before coating them with the metallic glaze.