Strawberry basket cakeAbout 20 min. + 60 min. prep. + 5 hours coolingpracticed
What you need: 3 baking rings of Ø 18 cm each, piping bag and nozzle set
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the brownie batter
- 250 g butter
- 300 g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 250 g brown sugar
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 1 pinch of salt
- 200 g flour
- 50 g cacao
- 1 tsp. baking powder
For the decoration
- 350 g strawberries
- 250 g milk
- 1/2 packet chocolate blancmange powder
- 20 g sugar
- 375 g sweet-cream butter
- Decocino white wafer flowers
- Decocino yellow tube icing
- Decocino sugar bees
- Decocino cake glaze spray
For the cream cheese filling
- 100 g icing sugar
- 450 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp. Decocino lemon paste
- 250 g cream
- 1 packet instant gelatine
- 150 g strawberries
To bake the brownies
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C and line the baking tin with baking paper.
- Break up the chocolate and gently melt with the butter (also broken into pieces) in a saucepan.
- Use an electric whisk to beat together the eggs, sugar, scraped-out vanilla pod, and pinch of salt for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Remove the chocolate and butter mixture from the heat and stir straight into the egg mixture.
- Blend the flour, cacao and baking powder and thoroughly fold into the chocolate and egg mixture. Spread the batter evenly between the 3 trays.
- Bake the brownies for about 20 minutes. The sponge should still be slightly moist and not completely baked through.
- Leave the cakes to cool and carefully remove from the tins. Rinse a baking ring and carefully put in the first layer.
To make the cream cheese filling
- To make the topping, beat the cream with the instant gelatine in a bowl until the mixture is stiff. Gently blend the icing sugar with the lemon paste and cream cheese (the cream cheese can become watery if stirred too vigorously or for too long).
- Carefully fold the cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly spread one part of the filling on the brownie base. Cut some of the strawberries in half and lay them on top. Put the second brownie layer on top. Repeat this process, finishing with the last brownie layer.
- Leave the cake to chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
- Blend the milk with the sugar and blancmange powder and prepare a chocolate pudding mix according to packet instructions. Leave to cool and try to prevent a skin from forming.
- Let the butter come to room temperature and whisk it with the pudding for about 5 minutes, using the highest setting on your mixer.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and carefully remove the baking ring.
- Glaze the cake with the chocolate cream mixture. Transfer the rest of the cream mixture into a piping bag and pipe the cream around the cake edges in a wickerwork pattern.
- Scatter the strawberries over the cake and spray on the cake glaze. Decorate with wafer flowers, tube icing and sugar sprinkles depending on your personal tastes.
Tip: Leave the cake in the fridge overnight to bring out the juices and allow the flavour to develop.