Strawberry meringue heartAbout 35 min. prep. + 60 min. bakingeasy
What you need: Baking ring with Ø 26 cm or heart-shaped baking tin, piping bag with star-shaped nozzle
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 125 g butter
- 400 g frozen raspberries
- 4 eggs (use 3 egg whites for the meringue)
- 125 g sugar
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 1 tsp. Decocino lemon flavouring paste
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g corn-starch
- 100 g flour
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
For the decoration
- 240 g fine sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Fresh strawberries and raspberries
- Decocino pink metallic colouring powder
- Decocino glitter snow pink
- Decocino cake glaze spray
- Preheat the oven to 175°C with the circulating air setting selected. Line the tin with baking paper and spray the inside edge with baking spray.
- Using the electric whisk, beat together the butter, sugar, scraped-out vanilla pod, lemon flavouring paste and salt until the mixture is creamy.
- Separate 3 of the eggs. Leave the egg whites to cool.
- Fold the remaining egg and 3 yolks into the mixture one at a time. Whisk briefly.
- Sift the flour and mix in the corn-starch and baking powder. Fold into the egg mixture with the milk.
- Evenly spread the batter out in the cake tin.
- Scatter the raspberries over the batter and gently press in.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes. Test for doneness with a skewer.
- Put 3 egg whites in a stainless-steel bowl together with the sugar.
- Immerse the bowl in warm water and stir the mixture until all sugar crystals are dissolved.
- Transfer to a clean, ungreased bowl and leave to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add a pinch of salt and beat for at least 10 minutes to form a stabile mixture.
- Stir in ¼ tsp. metallic colouring powder.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag. Gently pipe stars onto the cake edges, leaving the centre free.
- Sprinkle the snow decoration over the meringues.
- Bake the cake for 30 minutes at 100°C with the air circulation fan setting selected.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and raspberries.
- Spray the fruits with the cake glaze spray.