Vanilla Crescent CakeApprox. 40 min. baking + 30 min. preparationeasy
What you need: Cake tin Ø 24 cm
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the vanilla crescent dough
- 250 g flour
- 210 g butter
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 Decocino vanilla pod
- 80 g sugar
For the icing sugar blend
- 5 tbsp. icing sugar
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 scrapped-out Decocino vanilla pod
For the filling
- 1 jar of sour cherries
- 40 g sugar
- 1 pack of custard
- 1 Decocino VanillaFIX
For the decoration
- Cinnamon sticks
- Star anise
- Vanilla crescents
- Decocino vanilla pod
- Decocino glitter snow silver
- Scrape out the vanilla pod, thoroughly knead all the dough ingredients together. Wrap in clingfilm and leave it to chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the cake tin and set aside.
- Form the remaining dough into small crescents. Lay these on a tray lined with baking paper, ensuring they are not too close together. Bake at 175°C for about 15 minutes (in a fan oven). When the crescents are beginning to turn golden, they are done.
- Leave the crescents to cool for about 3 minutes, then lay them in the icing sugar mixture and turn them so that they are completely coated in the icing sugar. If they are still too warm, they will break easily; if they are too cold, the icing sugar will not stick well to them. It is a good idea to keep checking to see if the crescents are firm enough to dip them in the icing sugar.
- To make the cherry filling, first pour the cherry juice into a small bowl.
- Fold the sugar and custard into the juice, then bring the mixture to the boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Fold in the cherries and spoon the mixture into the cake tin, bake at 175°C for about 25 minutes.
- Leave the cake to cool.
- Whip the chilled VanillaFIX in a bowl until it develops a stable, creamy consistency.
- Spread the VanillaFIX onto the cake and save a little cream for decorating.
- First apply the remaining cream to the cake to suit your personal preferences.
- Finish by decorating with the vanilla crescents, star anise and cinnamon sticks, then sprinkle over the glitter snow silver.