Vanilla cupcakesAbout 20 minutes baking time + 20 minutes preparation timeeasy
What you need: Muffin tin + muffin cases
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
- 80 g butter
- 200 g flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 packet baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 140 g icing sugar
- 140 ml milk
For the buttercream
- 1/2 packet custard powder
- 185 g sweet cream butter (at room temperature)
- Decocino metallic cake glaze pink
- To make these airy muffins, first beat the egg with the vanilla extract in a bowl until foamy. Sift in the icing sugar, add the butter flakes and beat everything together until it is nice and foamy and no more butter flakes are visible.
- Then stir in the milk, flour and baking powder in alternation.
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases and spoon the mixture into the cases. The cases should only be filled halfway up or slightly above with the mixture. If you don’t have any paper cases, grease the muffin tray lightly with butter before spooning in the mixture.
- Bake the muffins in the centre of an oven preheated to 180°c with top / bottom heat for 30-40 minutes. Then take the muffins out of the oven and leave to cool.
- To make the buttercream, prepare half a packet of custard according to packet instructions and leave to cool after cooking. Then using a handheld electric whisk, whip the custard with some sweet cream butter kept at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.