Winter CakeApprox. 30-35 min. baking + 10 min. decorating + 1 hr. coolingeasy
What you need: Cake ring with Ø 20 cm, roe and stag deer cutters
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the animal biscuits
- 230 g flour
- 20 g cacao powder
- 80 g sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 125 g butter
- 1 egg
For the sponge bases
- 5 eggs
- 200 g sugar
- 3 tbsp. water
- 200 g flour
- 50 g cacao
- ½ packet. baking powder
For the filling
- 1 packet of Decocino instant buttercream
- 300 g soft butter
- 100 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp. Decocino lemon flavouring paste
For the decoration
- Decocino Glitter snow silver
- Fir or rosemary branches
- Decocino white tube icing
Baking the biscuit dough
- Mix all ingredients and knead the mixture into a dough by hand.
- Leave the dough to cool for about half an hour.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 0.5 cm thick. Cut out animal shapes and bake them at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
Baking the sponge bases
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line the baking ring with baking paper.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with the sugar and water to form a creamy mixture. Blend the flour, cacao powder and baking powder and fold into the egg mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the tin and bake at 165°C for 35 minutes. Leave to cool, then gently loosen from the tin.
- Make 3 horizontal cuts through each sponge base. Put the lower base in a clean baking ring.
- Prepare the Decocino instant buttercream according to packet instructions.
- Beat the buttercream together with the butter, 3 tbsp. lemon flavouring paste and 100g cream cheese for at least 10 minutes, until the mixture is creamy.
- Spread some of the buttercream mix on the lower sponge layer.
- Place the second cake base on top and press down lightly. Repeat this process for all the other layers.
- Finish by spreading some cream on top, then carefully press the forest animal biscuits on top. Leave the cake to cool for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the cake ring.
- Using the Decocino tube icing, apply white filigree dots and eyes on the animals.
- Finally decorate the cake with sprigs of rosemary or fir and Decocino glitter snow silver.