Flavouring Cupcakes20 minutes baking time + 30 minutes preparation timeeasy
What you need: Muffin tin + muffin cases + piping bag + piping nozzles
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the dough
- 80 g butter
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp Decocino orange, lemon, or tonka-bean flavouring paste
- ½ packet baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 140 g icing sugar
- 140 ml milk
- Lemons, oranges, tonka beans
- Chocolate sprinkles
For the topping
- 100 g icing sugar
- 450 g cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp Decocino orange, lemon, or tonka-bean flavouring paste
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 250 g cream
- ½ packet instant gelatine
- To make these light muffins, first beat the eggs in a bowl until they are foamy. Add the icing sugar with the quantity of flavouring you want. Add the soft butter and beat everything together again until foamy and no more flakes of butter are visible. Then fold in some of the milk, the sifted flour and baking powder in alternation until all used up.
- Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cases and use a spoon to evenly distribute the batter between all the cases. Bake the muffins for about 30 minutes (in the centre of the oven) at about 180°c with top / bottom heat. Then take the muffins out of the oven and leave them to cool completely.
- For the topping, beat the cream and instant gelatine together in a bowl until the mixture is stiff. Carefully sift and stir in the icing sugar with your choice of flavouring paste and the cream cheese. (Caution: the cream cheese can become liquid if stirred too long or vigorously). Carefully stir the cream into the cream cheese mixture. Transfer the cream cheese topping into a piping bag and pipe the topping over the cooled muffins. Finally, decorate the cupcakes if you like with fruit etc.
- Tip: In this recipe, finely chopped fruit or chocolate flakes can also be added to the cake batter.
Flavouring pastesTo the Product