Mango and buttercream rollAbout 12-15 minutes bakingeasy
What you need: kitchen towel
IngredientsSend shopping list by e-mail
For the batter
- 5 eggs
- 120 g raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp. Decocino lemon flavouring paste
- 75 g flour
- 75 g blanched ground almonds
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tbsp. warm water
For the filling
- 1 packet Decocino buttercream for blending
- 300 g soft butter
- 1 mango
Für die Deko
- Decocino glitter snow
To make the sponge
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- To make the sponge, first separate the egg yolks from the white. Set aside about a third of the sugar for the egg whites and use the remaining two thirds for the yolks. Beat the egg whites until very stiff, then gradually add the sugar.
- Beat the egg yolk together with the sugar, lemon flavouring paste and warm water until very creamy (when the yolk is bright yellow, almost beige, and very foamy). This will take a few minutes.
- Add the stiff egg white to the yolk. Blend the flour and almonds. Gradually sift over the egg white and carefully fold it in until all ingredients are thoroughly blended.
- Spread the mixture evenly in a shallow baking tin. Bake at 175°C for about 13 minutes.
- Straight after baking, turn the sponge base out (while it is still warm) from the tin onto clean kitchen towel dusted with sugar, remove the baking paper, and roll the cake in the kitchen towel lengthwise. Leave the sponge to cool completely.
To make the filling
- Put the instant buttercream in a bowl, blend with the water and leave to rise.
- Add the butter and beat for a minute until the mixture is creamy.
- Peel the mango and finely puree it using a hand blender. Gently fold the mango puree into the buttercream.
- Once the sponge has cooled down completely in the kitchen towel, gently unwind it and spread the buttercream over it evenly.
- Roll the sponge back up into a roll with the seam side down. Leave to cool for a bit.
- After about 30 minutes, the filling will have set and you can then cut off the end parts of the roll.
- Decorate using the rest of the cream and fruits. Sprinkle with Decocino glitter snow.